|Quality Tech II
this Job to a Friend
||SM - Recruitment and Placement Solutions
||High School / GED
||2 - 5 years
Quality Tech II
- Maintains quality standards by:
- Approving incoming materials
- Recording quality results for in-process and finished products.
- Visual Inspection for Defects
- Promote safety awareness and comply with all safety rules
- Strictly adhere to all documented work procedures
- Demonstrate continued improvement in the areas of quality and productivity
- Actively contribute to the improvement of 5S in the your department
- Actively participate in cross training program to improve and broaden skill set
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and scrap; inputting data into quality database.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with plant regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating / cross training with veteran inspectors
- Ability to read technical publications / Prints.
- Knowledge of standard inspection equipment measuring allowable acceptance (.00005 to .001)
Skill & Qualification Requirements
- 3 years experience in a close tolerance manufacturing environment preferably an aerospace application
- H/S diploma or equivalent
- Analytical Aptitude
- 2 years Continuous improvement environment exposure